Full Article

Liberty Promenade campaign ticks multiple boxes
Primedia Lifestyle Group, Primedia Lifestyle Marketing

A fun and interactive campaign that drew participating school pupils, staff members and parents to the Liberty Promenade Shopping Centre underlined the Primedia Unlimited company, Primedia Lifestyle Group’s innovation and passion when it comes to marketing shopping centres.

“The Liberty Promenade Generation Green Recyclable Fashion Show saw trashionistas take to the catwalk after Mitchell’s Plain learners turned garbage into glamour. The Generation Green campaign has been held for five consecutive years, and serves to not only highlight Liberty Promenade’s commitment to the community and environment, but to give added incentive to community members to visit the shopping centre, thus ensuring return on investment,” says Primedia Lifestyle Group’s MD Doug Mayne.

The competition was open to schools in Mitchell’s Plain and surrounding areas. “Liberty Promenade recognises the need to generate awareness of the importance of caring for our environment. During previous years, schools had to create posters or structures to enter the competition. To add a new dimension to the competition this year, school learners were encouraged to identify and collect recyclable items and design a fashion garment for either a male or female to model,” says Liberty Promenade’s Najeeba Small-Ebrahim, Marketing Manager.

Garments were made from a collection of materials including newspapers, magazines, cardboard boxes, bottle tops, toilet roll inners and CDs. Wowing the judges and walking away with R25 000 each toward repairs or renovations were Liesbeeck Primary School and in the high school category, Lentegeur LSEN School.

The voting formula used resulted in a more interactive campaign and increased foot traffic for Liberty Promenade. Judges’ votes counted for 80% with shoppers’ votes accounting for the remaining 20%. Community members could vote in-centre by jotting their details down on the back of a till slip, which gave Liberty Promenade the means to measure the impact of the campaign.

Primedia Lifestyle DNA

Founded in 1996, Primedia Lifestyle, an Unlimited subsidiary delivers marketing excellence to over 50 shopping centres nationwide ranging from Convenience Centres to Super Regionals. The company offerings include Source (CRM and digital), Red Pixel (creative, production and design), Media Xpress (media planning, buying and strategy) and N-gage (full project management including securing sponsorships). Primedia Lifestyle is a fully integrated consultancy offering a one-stop marketing solution including strategy, brand management, CRM, design, media strategy, project management and planning, eventing, production, tenant relations and research.